Providing an excellent, Christ-centered international education.
Haven of Peace Academy is a Christian school admitting students aged from 5 to 18+years. It is situated on a twelve acre campus overlooking the Indian Ocean in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Haven of Peace Academy was founded in 1994 by five missionary families who wanted to create a place where their children could receive academic and spiritual education in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The school opened in Oyster Bay with 47 students and 4 teachers. Today, our school has grown to become a student body of more than 300 from over 30 nationalities. Our campus is now situated on a beautiful property in the Kunduchi Beach area.
From the start, Haven of Peace Academy has shared the blessing of high quality education within a Christian environment with Tanzanians and other expatriates. Whilst the children of missionaries have a priority for admission, other children are made welcome. Haven of Peace Academy provides spiritual, academic and physical development while emphasizing the importance of service and leadership.
What makes us unique:
- We offer a distinctly Christian education. Our aim is to nurture in our students a Biblical worldview that enables them to understand all knowledge in its relationship to God. We encourage students to love and serve God in every aspect of their lives.
- We have well-qualified, dedicated teachers who seek to love, serve and teach the students as a ministry to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We offer a challenging curriculum that meets western academic standards. We have achieved excellent results in our final international examinations.
- Our beautiful spacious campus provides a wonderful learning environment for our students with new Administration Centre, and fully equipped primary and Secondary classrooms. The school has a well-resourced Library, 3 Science laboratories, Art Room and a 24 station Computer room.
- We encourage physical development through quality sports facilities including a full sized football pitch, basketball court, volleyball pitch and a 25-metre swimming pool.